About a month ago, Jake and I went and drove around looking at houses for sale. We had been mildly looking for a while, but nothing had really grabbed us to the point of actually doing anything about it. We saw one one night that looked great....well, the biggest selling point was the back yard. It was perfect! So we got the realator on the sign to come and show it to us....which was a big mistake. ( For any first time homebuyers, just get your own realator from the get go!) So the lady we called was crazy and that whole thing turned into a nightmare, but we did end up putting an offer on the house...the same day as a lady from California! Anyway, the seller ended up taking it off the market, so our dream back yard slipped away from us. Well then, I was very much into buying a house, so I called a realator and one day just me and her went and looked at a few houses. There were two that I wanted Jake to see, so a couple days later she took us to see them again. The first one we went to, Jake hated and this time when I went in it, it was definantly not speakin to me. So we went to the next one and the rest is history! We went and saw a few more times and put an offer on it. It took forever to hear anything back. When we finally heard back, they could only go down on the price a little bit without doing a shortsale because the house was going into foreclosure........After the longest week of my life, we have ended up accepting there offer and we will be closing the 15 of September! I am so excited to decorate it all cute and especially decorating it for CHristmas! I am so in love with the kitchen. It is perfect! The yard is a little smaller than we would love, but we like it.
My other big news is that I bribed Alyssa to go to nursery all by herself today and she did great! She is taking swimming lessons right now and loves them. She was pretty clinging the first day, but everyday, she gets braver and braver.
We are done with our traveling for a while. We went to Bear Lake last weekend for my family reunion. Lyssie loved playing in the lake. It is great for little kids cause it stays shallow forever! I was bad about taking pics there. Lyssie also loved sleeping in the tent, which went alot better than I thought it would. She actually slept pretty well in her own sleeping bag. It was a fast long trip. Being there went by fast and the driveing was long!!!
Now we are just counting down till we close on the house, and then one more month and we have the baby! Time is flying by!
7 comments:
wow! that's awesome about the house. and the baby is getting so close too. having your own house with a new baby will be so nice.
awesome. i am so excited for you guys. where is it at?
How exciting!! It is so fun to finally live in your own house. Bear lake is a fun place, my kids LOVED it there. Did you see our pics? Anyway, congrats again.
Congrats--just in time for the new baby and the holidays--perfect!
Wow-- that is great! Lots and lots of stuff going on for you-- what a trooper!!
Whoooo- hoooo! finally!!! Can't wait, guess I better come visit now!
CONGRATULATIONS! I have been keeping updated on your blog and love reading about your cute little family and am so excited for you to have another girl and for the house! If you are ever in Rexburg we will have to get together! Keep in touch!
Post a Comment